I love a nice warm apple crisp! But why stop there? Why not make a peach crisp, or a cherry crisp? I have made all three with this recipe, and it works great! I do add a little extra sugar on the cherries, simply because they are more tart. This is easy to make and your family is going to think you went to a lot of trouble to make them this treat. If you come up with another kind of fruit to use with this recipe, let me know in the comments below. We love all kinds of fruit around here.
- Approximately 5 Large Granny Smith Apples (peeled and sliced), or 2 Pounds Frozen Peaches, or 2 Pounds of Frozen Cherries. (I use an 11×7 inch pan, and just fill it up with the fruit)
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Slightly Softened Butter
- Place your fruit into your 11×7 inch pan, or whatever you have that is close to this. Sprinkle lightly with a little sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, including the brown sugar, in a small bowl.
- Then cut in the butter with a fork, or use your hands to make a nice crumbly mixture. Butter needs to be soft but not too melted. We still want it to be crumbly.
- Then sprinkle the topping over your prepared fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until fruit feels soft when speared with a fork.