I love a spicy hot tomato soup. It is just comfort food to me. Add a grilled cheese or some cheese and crackers, and presto you have a nice easy meal that is going to warm your bones and make you feel loved. At least that’s how it makes me feel. This was a childhood staple when I was growing up.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) Chicken Broth
- 2 Boxes or Cans of Strained Tomatoes (26oz)
- 1 Cup of Milk (for a creamier soup use Half and Half or whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cracked Peppercorns to taste. I do about 8 to 10 turns.
- Parsley for Color
- Basil if you like (I don’t care for Basil so I leave this out)
Throw this all together in a large pan and cook until it comes to a boil. Stir regularly.
Serve hot and enjoy!